The Parliament House of India is located in the northwestern side of the& Vijay Chowk in the vicinity of the secretariat buildings. The parliament house marks governance of the world's largest democracy.
The parliament house was planned at the introductory stage to be a part of the Rashtrapati Bhawan . But in 1919 according to the Montague-Chelmsford reforms it was announced to be designed as the Indian parliament. The foundation stone was laid by the Duke of Connaught in 1921 and the building was inaugurated in 1927 by Lord and Lady Irwin. Previously known as the circular house, the building has been designed by Herbert Baker.
The Parliament House of India has a central hall topped with a domed structure and three semi circular chambers. These chambers were initially assigned to house the council of state, legislative assembly and the chamber of princes. However, the Parliament House now accommodates the ‘ Lok Sabha' or the Lower House of the Parliament and the ‘ Rajya Sabha' or the Upper House of the Parliament and a library. The three circular chambers are guarded by a string of 144 columns that adds to the extravaganza of the building's beauty. The Parliament House is flanked by beautiful gardens and fountains which enhances the glory of the building.
Tourists can avail local buses, taxis and auto rickshaws from different points within the city. Visitors are required to receive permission and a visitor's pass to enter the compounds of the secretariat building. Get more information on other tourist attractions in Delhi while browsing our site and for online booking, please fill in the form given.