Do you wish to escape city life and run to the mountains? If you are shaking your head in agreement and reside in and around Chandigarh, keep your bags packed because the best hill stations near Chandigarh are laden with snow, lush greenery, and a beautiful camping setting.
Perfect roads, noiseless streets, and proximity to some of the best hill stations in India are a few factors that make Chandigarh one of the well-planned cities in India. The famous mountain getaways or Himalayan escapes are a short ride from Chandigarh.
This city near Delhi is a perfect weekend getaway destination for the Delhizens under 300 kilometers if digital detox is the idea. The short drive away mountain towns near Chandigarh, like Shimla, Dharamshala, and Dalhousie, are synonymous with snowfall in winter and a balmy, cool climate in summer.
10 Top Hill Stations Near Chandigarh For A Refreshing Vacay in 2022
- Hill Stations Near Chandigarh Within 100 Kilometers
Here is a list of all the magnificent hill stations near Chandigarh within 100 kilometers, 200 kilometers, 300 kilometers, and 400 kilometers. Read on folks, we are here to spoil you with the stunning mountain escape near Chandigarh in 2022.
Hill Stations Near Chandigarh Within 100 Kilometers
- Wow Factor: Scenic Shivalik Hills and splendid greenery.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 36 kilometers/ 1 hour (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Parwanoo: Gurkha Fort, Cactus Garden, Kali Mata Temple.
- Ideal Time to Visit Parwanoo: March to June and October-February.
Parwanoo is a short weekend getaway from Chandigarh because it is within 100 kilometers. This place is now an industrial town but still offers panoramic vistas of the stunning Himalayan landscapes. There are many family-friendly things to do in Parwanoo, as the destination is blanketed with greenery. If you are a religious soul, you will find plenty of pilgrimage attractions.
Dense woods surround Parwanoo; therefore, several picturesque, easy trekking trails are dotted around Parwanoo. You can learn about the orchard production of different fruits like apples. Watching the sunset, riding the cable car ride, relishing local dishes, and exploring the rich history of Gurkha Fort is a must-indulge experience in Parwanoo.
In summer, the maximum high goes up to 31 degrees in Parwanoo. If you are looking for a summer retreat near Chandigarh, explore this hill station.
2. Morni Hills
- Wow Factor: Haryana’s Own Switzerland.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 42 kilometers/ 1.5 hours (approx.).
- Best Places to Visit in Morni Hills: Tikkar Taal, Karoh Peak, Thakur Dwar Temple, Gurudwara Nada Sahib.
- Ideal Time to Visit Morni Hills: March to June and October-February.
We bet you didn’t know there is a hidden Switzerland around Chandigarh and Delhi. Morni Hills is often labeled as the Switzerland of Haryana and is a perfect digital detox from the city’s mundane. This hill station near Chandigarh is named after a Queen who reigned here. It is a laid-back vacation hub with various trekking trails, lakes, and lush greenery.
You could explore Morni Hills for historical hopping by visiting Morni Hills. The moment you step inside the Morni Hills, you will be greeted with fresh mountain air and clear views of the Shivalik Range. There is one adventure park at Morni Hills where you can test your adrenaline with various sports like zip-lining, and rock climbing.
- Wow Factor: Royal touch of Britishers during their rule is alive in Nalagarh.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 48 kilometers/ 1.5 hours (approx.).
- Best Places to Visit in Nalagarh: Nahargarh Fort, Ramgarh Fort, Yadavindra Gardens.
- Ideal Time to Visit Nalagarh: March to June, and October-February
Nalagarh is the gateway to Himachal Pradesh for the people of Chandigarh and brims with abundant lush greenery and beautiful views of the Shivalik Hills. Its main attraction is the Nalagarh Fort, a converted heritage hotel that redefines the royal touch of Britishers from the bygone era. Nalagarh, centuries ago, has witnessed the praise of Mughals and Britishers, which signifies it must visit hill towns near Chandigarh for a rejuvenating experience on weekends.
- Wow Factor: Tranquility amalgamated with peace.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 60 kilometers/ 2 hours (approx.).
- Best Places to Visit in Kasauli: Baba Balak Nath Temple Christ’s Church, Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, and the Central Research Library.
- Ideal Time to Visit Kasauli: March to June and October-February
Missing hills a little too much while staying in and around Chandigarh? Look no further than Kasauli. It is a charming town which is less visited by tourists but should be by you if you want to holiday in tranquil and lush green surroundings. Here you can breathe the fresh mountain air under the clear and balmy skies. Kasauli is where you can go on a summer holiday near Chandigarh or Delhi with your family, friends, or spouse.
Historically, Britishers took over Kasauli, and you observe colonial-style architecture. One beautiful Mall Road serves scrumptious Maggie and other quick meals to satisfy the foodie souls. For all those who are fond of hiking. Vantage points, and cable car rides are a few interesting reasons to traverse Kasauli on a short weekend getaway around Chandigarh.
- Wow Factor: Tranquility amalgamated with peace.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 65 kilometers/ 2 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Solan: Bon Monastery, Shoolini Mata Temple, Kuthar Fort, Children’s Park.
- Ideal Time to Visit Solan: March to June and October-February.
If you want to experience the journey of the hills with the joy of a peaceful place, then Solan of Himachal is one of the best places to visit. Solan is a beautiful mountain town situated in the hills of the Himalayas near Chandigarh. Named after the Hindu goddess Shulani Devi, Solan is nominated as the ‘Mushroom City’ and ‘City of Red Gold’ of India; this is a really interesting!
Solan first came into existence as a cantonment city and still retains some colonial charms in its architectural features. Solan perennial is an extremely beautiful hilly region of Himachal with good weather. For adventure seekers, the mountains near Solan offer interesting trekking possibilities. In short, Solan is a cornerstone of hidden beauty in Himachal Pradesh.
- Wow Factor: Barog is an untouched paradise from mass tourism.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 72 kilometers/ 2.5 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Barog: Choor Chandni Peak, Suketi Fossil Park, Jatoli Temple.
- Ideal Time to Visit Barog: March to May, July to September, and October-February.
Himachal Pradesh has many unexplored and charming hill stations under its belts, and Barog is one of them. Tucked peacefully in Solan, you can witness the scenic splendor of Barog at its best in monsoon seasons when the valleys get blanketed with greenery. The presence of centuries-old monasteries, lush green camping sites, temples, and a balmy climate in summer contribute to the reason to visit Barog in 2022.
- Wow Factor: Barog is an untouched paradise from mass tourism
- Distance from Chandigarh: 86 kilometers/ 2.5 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Nahan: Trilokpur Temple, Pakka Talab, Kala Amb, Renuka Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Ideal Time to Visit Nahan: March to May, July to September, and October-February.
Nahan in Himachal Pradesh is yet another stunning mountainous town laden with lush greenery. People living in and around Chandigarh will find the budget for luxury accommodations in Nahan during their holiday. Due to its position in the lofty Shivalik Hills, this small hamlet is drenched with rich history too!
It has wildlife sanctuaries, temples, local bazaars, and several trekking trails that provide breathtaking views of the Himalayas. The sheer presence of temples. Pristine lakes make Nahan the must-visit destination throughout the year, particularly in the early summers or winters.
Hill Stations Near Chandigarh Within 200 Kilometers
- Wow Factor: Shimla is the ‘White Winter Queen of India’ and brims with lush greenery in early or peak summers.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 112 kilometers/ 3 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Shimla: Jakhoo Temple, Viceregal Lodge, Chadwick Waterfall, Green Valley.
- Ideal Time to Visit Shimla: March to June and October-February.
We all know that Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh but is this the only introduction to this beautiful hill station? Ever thought about what is so special about Shimla that it has gained the title of “White Winter Queen ” of India? This hill station near Chandigarh is slow and has a wonderful charm inside it. Gothic churches, 19th-century monuments reminiscent of the British Raj, and breathtaking landscapes are part of the natural beauty. Walking in apple orchards is also a favorite tourist interest in Shimla. The city enjoys various climates due to its subtropical location, so it is also a perfect place to escape the summers. You can start your day in Shimla with a stroll at Mall Road with your family, friends, or beloved ones.
- Wow Factor: The world’s highest cricket ground is located in Chail at an elevation of 2144 m (approx.).
- Distance from Chandigarh: 106 kilometers/ 2.5 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Chail: Sadhupul Lake, Kali ka Tibba, Chail Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Ideal Time to Visit Chail: March to June and October-February.
Another place that should be included in your trip to Shimla is Chail, a quiet hill town 45 km (approx.) from Shimla. Start your walk early to enjoy the mesmerizing views of Chail. Facilities for living in this quiet city and less congested environment are easily available. Go for a hike on Kali’s dune hilltop. A 360-degree panoramic view from Kali’s dunes is a tremendous location for photography enthusiasts.
The ancient Kali temple on the summit is famous in Chail, and you can see the locals going there all year round. From its summit, the Chur Chandni and the Shivalik range’s amazing views captivate nature lovers’ minds. Go on a guided trip to Chail Cricket Ground, built at an altitude of about 2,144 meters (approx.), which is the highest cricket ground in the world. Tall cedar trees surround this stadium at a distance of 2 km (approx.) from Chail Bazar. From here to Sutlej Valley, Shimla, and a spectacular view of the hill stations of Kasauli is visible.
- Wow Factor: A perfect place to lose yourself in the mystic charm of the Himalayas.
- Distance from Chandigarh: 127 kilometers/ 4 hours (approx.)
- Best Places to Visit in Kufri: The Himalayan Nature Park, Kufri Main Bazar, Indira Tourist Park
- Ideal Time to Visit Kufri: April – June and October – March
Spending a few days in the mountains fills you with hope, elation, and wonder, and Kufri is a place to refresh your heart, mind, and eyes. When you return from here, you will have some fun memories of a sizzling hill station that gets under the blanket of ice in winter and a thick sheet of lush greenery in summer. Kufri is a place falling within a radius of about 20 kilometers (approx.) from Shimla. A day trip can be planned in Kufri and Naldehra together, but it would be better if you stayed in Shimla at night.
If you are fond of riding, go-karting, and adventure sports, Kufri Fun World will be thrilling. It claims to be the world’s highest go-karting track. Enhances the experience of go-karting with the hills and valleys of the Himalayas. So be prepared to feel this experience amidst the thrill and beautiful views. Go to the Mahasu Peak, which is the highest point of Kufri, and a horse or mule ride on this hill is a great suggestion to reach. From here, on a clear weather afternoon, you can also enjoy panoramic views of the Kedarnath and Badrinath ranges.
Which hill station near Chandigarh will you visit?
Read Also: Hill Stations near Delhi