Kailash Mansarovar, located in the Western Himalayan ranges of the Tibetan Autonomous Region, is the source of energy and peace for mankind. Diamond-shaped Mount Kailash also called Kailāsa is visited by a large number of devotees from all across the world. Mount Kailash is also called the ‘Stairway to Heaven’ and is truly the most magnificent mountain of the Himalayan ranges.
Every year this journey is conducted from June to September by the Ministry of External Affairs. To seek peace and blessings, a large number of followers of Hindus take a journey to Mount Kailash and Lake Mansarovar as the abode of Lord Shiva along with Jains, Buddhists, and Bon religions. Adventurers can be seen traveling to Kailash Mansarovar as well.
To undertake this yatra, an individual has to register on the official government website. The Kailash Mansarovar Yatra registration can be only done online. Take a look at the comprehensive guide to know the procedure to apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2023.
Complete Information about Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2023 Registration, Eligibility, Selection Process, Documents Required, and How to Apply:
- Eligibility for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Selection Process for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Documents Required for Kailash Mansarovar Registration
- Steps for Kailash Mansarovar Registration 2023
- Medical Tests Required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
- Costs for the Kailash Mansarovar Journey
Eligibility for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Here are the requirements an individual needs to fulfill to embark on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra:
- Must be an Indian citizen.
- Should be between 18 years and 70 years of age group.
- Must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 27 or less.
- Physically fit and mentally strong.
- The applicant must not have any serious medical conditions like high blood pressure, asthma, heart disease, diabetes, etc.
- Foreign nationals are not permitted to take this yatra and POI and OCI holders are not eligible.
- The applicant must have a valid Indian passport for at least six months for the current year.
Take a look at the conditions before applying for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2023:
- Check the application before submitting it as incomplete ones will be rejected and will not be included in the computerized draw.
- Incorrect or information that turned out to be false will be considered for disqualification at any stage of this spiritual journey. Thus, check the application thoroughly for spellings, DOB, etc.
- The applicant will go through some medical tests to see their state of mental and physical well-being at the Delhi Heart and Lung Institute and ITBP Base Hospital in New Delhi.
- If the candidate is found out to be medically unfit, they will be deprived of the confirmation amount and any others they made earlier.
- The yatra to Mount Kailash will begin on the scheduled dates even if the yatri is not able to make it in time as per the given itinerary.
- First-timers will be given priority over those who have already taken this journey the year earlier.
- Applicants who have been on this yatra more than four times in the previous consecutive years will be put on hold by the Ministry.
- If there is any legal sanction in force on the candidate, they will not be allowed to take this yatra.
Selection Process for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
The applicants are selected based on a fair computer-generated process. Then the yatris were appointed to batches organized by the Ministry of External Affairs. An option to travel in groups of two may be given by the Ministry in the same batch at the application stage, which should be completed online individually.
After the draw, the chosen yatris would be informed through automated messages to register their email id or phone number.
However, there are some conditions for the draw of the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. Take a look!
- The route or batch selected by the candidate cannot be changed through the computerized process. However, if they request a change on the basis of some valid justification, it is up to the Ministry to change that or not.
- To confirm participation in this draw, the applicant has to pay a non-refundable Confirmation Fee before the due date. This has to be paid to the account of the Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam (KMVN) or the Sikkim Tourism Development Corporation (STDC). If they fail to do so, they will automatically be removed from the selected list to the batch waitlist.
- Selected yatris must re-assure their participation in the batch before coming to Delhi. If they fail, their name will be canceled from the batch.
- If the yatri fails to come at the given time at the Delhi Heart and Lung Institute, the name of the yatri will be canceled.
- Waitlisted or registered applicants may also report to the Delhi Heart and Lung Institute. In case there is a dropout, they can fill in that vacancy.
How to Apply for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2023 registration process is online only. Paper applications are not accepted.
Consider these steps for applying for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra in 2023 –
Step 1: Go to the official website to apply for the yatra https://kmy.gov.in/kmy/.
Step 2: Fill in the details correctly and choose from the two routes – NathuLa in Sikkim and Lipulekh Pass in Uttarakhand.
Step 3: Select the End Point of their yatra on the return leg
- Route 1 (Lipulekh) – Dharchula or Delhi
- Route 2 (Nathu La) – Gangtok or Delhi
Documents Required for Kailash Mansarovar yatra Registration
Here are the documents required for Kailash Mansarovar application –
- A scanned passport size photograph (in .jpg format, less than 300 kb in size).
- Scanned copies of the first and last page of the passport. This should contain your personal as well as family details (in pdf format, less than 500 kb in size).
Also, note that a valid email ID and phone number must be mentioned in the application.
Following documents for Kailash Mansarovar registration must be carried by the selected yatris to Delhi:
- Indian passport which should be valid for a minimum of 6 months of the current year.
- 6 colored passport-size photographs.
- In case of emergency, an undertaking for evacuation by helicopter.
- A consent form for cremation on the Chinese side in case of death.
If any of the above-listed documents are missing, the yatri will not be allowed to go on the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. The final decision, however, will be made by the Ministry of External Affairs and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
Medical Tests Required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Different medical examinations for Kailash Mansarovar are conducted before the commencement by Delhi Heart & Lung Institute (DHLI) and ITBP Hospital. This is done to ensure the endurance and physical and mental fitness of the yatris. For the physical tests, a reference range is applicable.
- Tests are conducted for Hemoglobin, Cholesterol, Insulin, etc.
- The lower BMI or Body Mass Index should be 27 or less.
- A medical test is conducted at Lipulekh Route (at Gunji) and at Nathu La (at Sherathang) by the ITBP.
Note: These medical tests or examinations are non-refundable, which has to be paid before the tests are conducted.
Costs for the Kailash Mansarovar Journey
The Lipulekh route consists of 18 batches of 60 members. The complete duration of this route is about 25 days per batch. The cost for this route of Kailash Mansarovar costs about INR 1.5 lakh per person.
The other route has 5 batches of 50 members with a total duration of approx. 23 days. And the estimated cost of this Kailash Mansarovar route is INR 1.7 lakh per person.
Note: The fees are only payable after the applicant’s selection.
So, these were the complete details about Kailash Mansarovar 2023 registration online. Hope all your doubts are now clear. If there is any, contact Tourism of India regarding the same and our experienced executives will assist you with the information you need regarding the process to apply, costs, and documents required.