Say goodbye to the monsoon and hello to bright, sunny, and breezy October! Now that the rain has stopped pouring, it is time to plan a romantic holiday with your special one. Be it exploring the royal Rajasthan or the lush Western Ghats, the best places to visit in October in India for couples will de-stress your mind and put you in a state of blissful stagnation. Also, the post-monsoon weather will allow you to kindle the love and get closer to each other.
The soothing weather, clear skies, cool breeze, and pleasantly warm weather are the perfect ingredients to make your romantic getaways in October magical! And with so many celebrations happening in the month of October, you will be gaining many cultural experiences as well!
So, if you’ve been contemplating on “which are the top places to visit in October for couples in India?” we’ve compiled a list for you.
Here are the best places to visit in India in October for couples on a romantic holiday.
1. Jammu & Kashmir
Take your loved one by the hand and travel to one of the most romantic destinations in India, Jammu & Kashmir. The incomparable landscapes, the mesmerizing valleys, the clear skies with fluffy clouds will provide the perfect backdrop for your romance. Plus, the soothing weather and balmy breeze will soothe your mind and put you in a blissful mood. Undoubtedly, Jammu & Kashmir is one of the best places to go in October in India for a honeymoon.
Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir in October:
- Take the Gondola ride in Gulmarg.
- Visit Betaab Valley and Aru Valley in Pahalgam.
- Enjoy a romantic Shikara Ride in Srinagar.
- Seek blessings at Mata Vaishno Devi Temple in Jammu.
- Trek down Baltal Valley in Sonamarg.
- Explore one of the most stunning places, Ladakh.
The temperature in Jammu and Kashmir in October: 6°C to 17°C.
Swim with the sharks, stroll on the white sandy beaches, lay on the warm sands, and soak in the pristine beauty of Andaman beaches. Moreover, the palm trees, the clear skies, and turquoise blue waters all speak romance aloud, which is perfect to spend time away from the hustle-bustle of the city. Witness the coral reefs while scuba visiting and the rich marine life that Andaman is also known for. If you are water babies, Andaman is one of the best places in India to visit in October.
Things to do in Andaman in October:
- Dive deep into the sea to witness rich marine life.
- Take a romantic cruise to witness the only active volcano in South Asia,
- Enjoy scuba diving at Havelock Island.
- Experience walking underwater at North Bay Island.
- Visi the famous Cellular Jail.
- Visit Ross Island to explore the colonial ruins.
- Engage yourselves in snorkeling at Elephant Beach.
The temperature in Andaman in October: 25°C to 27°C.
Not your typical romantic destination but the pleasant weather of Ziro definitely makes it one of the top destinations to visit in October in India. After the rain showers, Ziro looks beautiful with lush green paddy fields. It is truly a hidden gem where you can spend private time with your partner and grow closer to each other. In addition, you can gain cultural experiences as this place in Arunachal Pradesh is inhabited by the Apa Tani Tribes.
Things to do in Ziro in October:
- Explore the wildlife at Talley Talley Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Visit the ancient Meghna Cave Temple.
- Witness snow-clad Himalayas from Kile Pakho.
- Indulge in trekking and hiking at Midey.
- Stroll hand-in-hand at Pine Grove.
- See the variety of orchids at Tipi Orchid Research Centre.
The temperature in Ziro in October: 12°C to 20°C
Home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Agra boasts pleasant weather in October; perfect to explore and roam around the streets. Take your partner to this iconic place in Uttar Pradesh and visit the Taj Mahal, an epitome of love. Witness the beautiful architecture and spend time clicking pictures here. Gorge on amazing local food and do not forget to take petha with you.
Things to do in Agra in October:
- Witness Taj Mahal in its full glory.
- See the Light and Sound Show at Agra Fort.
- Look at the beauty of Mehtab Bagh.
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri.
- Go shopping.
- Witness the beauty of Jahangir Mahal.
- Watch Kalakriti Dance Drama Show.
The temperature in Agra in October: 18°C to 34°C
The cool weather, the snow-clad peaks, and the laid-back vibes of Mussoorie makes it one of the best places to visit in October in India for couples. Plan a trip to Mussoorie and delight in the scenic views from Gun Hill, bathe in Kempty Falls, and try a variety of delicious foods. This place will give you all the romantic time you want and allow your love birds to spend quality time with each other. Plus, the soothing weather of October month will add to your mood.
Things to do in Mussoorie in October:
- Visit the Benog Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Visit Lal Tibba.
- Take a trek to Hathipaon.
- Try fishing on a boat.
- Take the ropeway to Gun Hill for scenic views.
- Be adventurous and go for white water rafting.
- Go snacking on Mall Road.
- Shop for souvenirs at local markets.
The temperature in Mussoorie in October: 8°C to 21°C
You already know Rishikesh is the yoga and adventure capital and offers a great time to tourists throughout the year. However, in the month of October, Rishikesh offers pleasant weather, which is perfect to indulge in water sports and soothe one’s mind. Honeymooners from all over the country flock to this destination to spend some quality time away from the city’s bustle. If you are looking for the same, Rishikesh is one of the top romantic places to visit in October in India for couples.
Things to do in Rishikesh in October:
- Witness the roaring Ganges.
- Indulge in river rafting.
- Try bungee jumping for the thrill.
- Explore the wildlife and take a jeep safari at Rajaji National Park.
- Visit Beatles Ashram.
- Do yoga together and breathe in the fresh air.
- Camp under the stars near Ganga River.
The temperature in Rishikesh in October: 19°C to 32°C
7. Mount Abu
Mount Abu, the only hill station in Rajasthan, is known for its cool atmosphere and lush green surroundings. This is what attracts a lot of couples to Mount Abu especially in the month of October. You can visit here and relish the quality time with your special one amidst lush greenery and rugged hills. Dilwara Jain Temples are the highlight of Mount Abu that you cannot afford to miss on your October vacation.
Things to do in Mount Abu in October:
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride at Nakki Lake.
- Seek blessings at Dilwara Jain Temples.
- Explore the wildlife at Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Trekking on the breathtaking routes of the Aravalli Range.
- Hike to Guru Shikhar, the highest peak of Aravalli.
- Explore Achalgarh Fort.
- Spot crocodiles at Trevor’s Tank.
- Visit Dhrudhiya Waterfalls.
The temperature in Mount Abu in October: 20°C to 31°C
A gorgeous hill station in God’s Own Country Kerala, Munnar appeals to a large number of honeymoon couples. Its alluring charm, pleasant climate, and liveliness make it one of the best places to visit in October for couples. Plan a trip to this hill station in Kerala that ushers romance and takes you straight into the enchanting beauty of nature. Spend quality time with each other and do not forget to gorge on some lip-smacking foods of Kerala.
Things to do in Munnar in October:
- Take a long romantic walk at the Rose Gardens.
- Explore the tea plantations.
- Spend quality time at Attukal Waterfalls.
- Plan a day out at Pothamedu viewpoint.
- Visit Rajamalai (Ernakulam) National Park.
- Watch performances of the indigenous folk dances and music.
- Enjoy the culinary delights of Munnar.
The temperature in Munnar in October: 15°C to 21°C
Plan a trip to any of these places in October with your significant other and enjoy the pleasant weather, laidback vibes, and incredible sightseeing tours. All of these places have something unique to offer to romantic couples and you can choose as per your likes, choices, and preferences. Book holiday packages in October with Tourism of India and explore the best places to visit in October in India for couples. So, where are you heading first?
Read Also: Best places to visit in October India